The Flag Project - Part 2

Gracie and I were up early and on our way to Tremonton for more red paint.
We stocked up at Ace Hardware, picked up some orange juice and McBreakfast sandwiches and were back to work on the flag by 9am.



We spent about an hour tracing and cutting out stars.


We cut them out of contact paper.
I had a bunch of lovely fruit patterned contact paper from THIS project since I had to buy another roll for only a few feet of shelfing.



Then I changed back into my painting clothes, borrowed a hat from Aunt Judy (we can always count on Aunt Judy for fashion/beauty tips and advice), and finished painting the stripes.


Oh, and the hat came with this purse.  It was the perfect size for my phone, which I kept losing yesterday.






About lunch time Aunt Judy and Uncle Alex's kids showed up with food.
Bless them, we were starving.


It was so fun having Gracie along!  
She is a good little worker and happy to help with whatever she was asked to do.


Yesterday Aunt Judy introduced us to the Iron Port Cherry drink at the Drive-inn.
I don't drink soda.  Maybe once every couple of months.  Uncle Alex brought home 2 gallons today and I drank 4 glasses.  We will be adding "Iron Port Cherry" drinks to our visits to Malad.



Grandpa Moon says the secret to living to be 91 is consuming plenty of sugar.
I am still on a buzz from the 2 day carb fest.



Here's a fun fact about Malad...the wind blows A LOT.  Gracie walked past Aunt Judy just as some wind kicked up and Gracie's hair flew into the can of spray foam Judy was holding and Gracie was left with a chunk of foam in her hair.  Grandpa did his best to get it out but in the end we had to cut it out of her hair.  Thank goodness she has so much you won't even notice.



We had just enough day light to get the flag hung.



My cousins, Austin, Ashley, and Kaylee helped with the assembly.



Another fun fact...Austin is the youngest grandchild and I am the oldest :) 






Seriously, I am rockin' that hat.




My Grandpa's good friends and neighbors Barney and Carol came to help.  You couldn't ask for better neighbors.  They've only lived next to my Grandpa for a few years and they've been so good to him.



Gracie and I left for home as soon as the flag was finished.  We were hoping to be able to see how visible it is from the freeway but it was too dark by the time we passed it.  We're looking into some spotlights to light it up at night.


This was taken the next morning (Sunday).  Isn't it beautiful!  It's because of people like my Grandpa that makes America so great.  Grandpa, we love you and thank you for blessing our family in all that you do!

Go HERE to see how we fixed the flag.


Popular Posts