Fixing the Flag

Took another little road trip to Idaho today.
Our little Kindergarten lover loves her Grandpa Moon even more than she loves Kindergarten so I let she and Gracie skip school and they went "Sluffin' It Outdoors" to the Moon Ranch.


Janie did, however, take her backpack to do some school work until she got carsick and almost threw up.



Notice anything wrong with the flag?
Yep, it's off-centered.
By the time we realized our measurements were off we'd already hung several pieces so we just left it the way it was.
After a few days we decided we needed to fix it.
Rather than take the whole thing down and move it over we decided to just add a little length to the stripes.



Grandpa has a little cabin on his property that he uses as a storage shed, but back in the day several family members actually lived in it at one time or another...


Here's a fun fact:  Grandpa Moon and Grandma Moon lived in it the first 18 months they were married.
(Rumor has, several children have been conceived in this cabin :)





We had the best day!
I loved being with my girls, my grandpa, and my Aunt Jeri was there too--who I didn't get any pictures of but she is a very pretty lady!



Grandpa took us all to lunch at the Malad Drive-In so we stopped at Baby Kevin's grave on the way.






Of course Janers ordered a cheese hangaburger.  
It was the first of 3 cheese hangaburgers for her today.
She also tried her first Iron Port Cherry, and loved it!



Isn't this pretty country!
There's a peace here that you just don't feel in the city.


Another fun fact: In about 80% of grandpa's pictures he's pulling a face.




We got the extra stripes painted and tomorrow my Uncle Alex and Aunt Judy will be back up to hang it.


I gotta say.  I didn't feel so bad about needing to fix the flag.  Another excuse to see my grandpa is never a bad thing.  I love that my kids have such great memories of time with their great grandpa.  We are so blessed.



Did you know?  Grandpa Moon lives about a half hour from Logan so we made a little detour on our way home and had dinner with Emmy.  We would have supported her in wherever she chose to go to college but I am really happy she's only an hour and a half from home.

Popular Posts