The Flag Project - Part 1


Gracie and I left early this morning for Malad.
We've been planning a fun project for the Moon Ranch!
The plan was to paint a flag on the side of this garage.


The size of the flag was going to be about 5 1/2 X 11 feet and it would be visible as you drive into the ranch.


 When we arrived we found out Grandpa Moon had been thinking about other options.  
BIGGER OPTIONS.


After looking at several possibilities we decided to put the flag on the roof of this barn.
It would be visible from the road in front of his house as well as the freeway above his house.


My Uncle Alex took some measurements and we decided to make the flag 10 X 20!!


We went into the city (Have you been to the city of Malad?  It's so tiny!) and bought some more paint and some plywood.





Grandpa and Uncle Alex spent the rest of the day at the Blackfoot fair and Aunt Judy, Gracie and I went to work on the flag...


My Aunt Judy is one of my favorite people!
It was so fun to spend the day with her.  We never ran out of stuff to talk about.




I wore my lucky paint shirt.
Been painting in this shirt since we first painted the old Beck house in 1996.



We took a dinner break and went back to the city for cheeseburgers and chicken at the Malad Drive-Inn.  We stopped at Baby Kevin's grave too.



My biggest challenge was the size and placement of the stars.  I tried and tried and could not get the math right.  Thank goodness Uncle Alex is great at that kind of stuff and when he got home he went to work figuring out where to place the stars.


Our plan was to get the flag done in a day but double the size meant double the time so we had a sleepover with Grandpa!


Grandpa had this cute card Janie sent him sitting out on his table.


Go HERE for Part 2

Popular Posts