The Temple and Goals

 
Tonight we announced the Beck Family 2013 Theme:
Temples
Our family song is I Love to See the Temple
and our family scripture is Doctrine & Covenants 88:119
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.

 
We set our family goals with one of them being for those with temple recommends to attend the temple twice a month.  We'll also take a fun temple trip when Kloe turns 12 and is old enough to go to have a temple recommend this September.


We talked about the personal goals we set last year and everyone set their new goals for this year.
 


 


Gracie's were my favorite...
I especially loved her goals to not say anthing bad on the 10th of every month and not let anyone bad brainwash me.
 

 
I finally hammered out a few goals.
I don't have the energy to set any that are too lofty.  So here they are...
 
Becky Beck's 2013 non-lofty but still good goals for a new year.
 
- Work on being more calm and more patient. I have made a conscious effort for several years now to turn my life over to the Lord.  I learned some time ago that He knows a lot better than I do what is best for me but I still struggle with the calm and patient part of trusting Him.  I'm going to do better this year.
-Stop swearing.  I have a real problem with swearing.  Not so much out loud (except for this morning when I worked so hard to get to church a few minutes early but kept running into problem after problem, and then slipped and almost broke my neck).  I swear mostly in my head.  I need to grow up and broaden my vocabulary.
-Get back to the 5 o'clock club.  I've been a member on and off for the last 16 years.  I love getting up early before the rest of the family.  The extra hour and a half it gives me is really like 4 hours since I have NO INTERRUPTIONS.  I'll need a little cooperation on Lilly's part to make this happen so in the mean time I'm praying she'll go back to being a good sleeper.
-Schedule more one on one time with my kids.  My sister Kimmy sets a really good example for me.  Once a month she surprises her kids and checks them out of school to take them to lunch.  I should do that, the kids would love it.
-Go on a real vacation, alone, with the husband (real vacation=at least 5 days alone with my lover with 0 children and 0 responsibilities).  We'd planned to do this last Summer after everything happened with Baby Kevin but then life happened and the real vacation with the husband didn't happen.
-And last but not least, to set a goal to set more lofty goals for 2014
 
So there you have it.
 
 
 

Comments

Debbie Sandberg said…
Becky, thanks for sharing your life with me. I laughed out loud to see that you are real and might swear on a Sunday, of all days you are real ( I think we both are in the "oops, I shouldn't have said that" club.

Popular Posts