The Junk Store

 
Fun Fact #2
 
 
Once a month I take a little trip to the junk store (AKA The NPS Store).
My sister Kimmy put me on to it last February.
My first visit was horrible.  It was so crowded and I was there for 2 hours trying to figure out where everything was.  I was also surprised at how many items were the same price or more expensive than the regular grocery store.


 
But after going through the check out and realizing I'd saved almost 50% on my groceries I was hooked!  All you couponers could probably do better than 50% but for me it works out great!  The only bummer is I'll find something I really like and after a few months it's gone.  You also have to be careful of expiration dates.  I have only had one box of granola bars that were a few months old and a little stale but everything else has been great!  Most of what I buy isn't expired but is close to the expiration date which is no problem since we go through so much food so quickly!  I do buy expired cereal if it isn't older than around 3 months and they've never tasted old.  The children eat at least a box of cereal a day :).  I have been buying Christmas M&M's since February, they aren't expired but no store will stock Christmas M&M's unless it's the Christmas season (except the junk store :).




A few of my favorite finds today:
 
Tyson Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.49 #
 Red Delicious Apples - .39 cents a #
IGA Brand Magic Stars - .99 cents a box
Yoplait Yogurt 48 4oz packs - $4.99
Heath Bar Baking Pieces - .99 cents
3 Heads Romain Lettuce - .20 cents
 
 
 


Popular Posts