Easter Sunday 2012

Today was a beautiful day to celebrate Easter. Funny to think it was snowing two days ago and sunny and 70 degrees today. This morning Uncle Steve came by at 8:30 to take some family pictures. (Thanks Steve!) Pretty cute kids if I do say so myself :)
There are moments in motherhood where you feel so happy and content...I woke up from a nap this afternoon feeling just that as I found my girls playing so well together. And I love to see the big ones spending time with the little ones. I cracked up to see Janie (who was dressed when I left her before I laid down) with nothing on but her underwear. She got hot and decided to do something about it :)

And then there are motherhood moments where you feel like pulling your hair out. Tonight it was my turn to give the family home evening lesson and I had Janie help me. She was so cute teaching us about the Atonement. Amazing what a 3 year old can understand. We discussed how the Atonement applies to our family--the situation with baby Kevin makes it all the more real for us. At one point I looked down at Janie and realized her bangs were almost gone! Some time this afternoon she cut her hair! She already struggles in the hair department so this was extra painful.

If you are wondering, I think I handled it quite well. I didn't yell, cry or pull my hair out. I asked her to never ever do that again, while trying to keep from laughing. Thank goodness we took pictures BEFORE the haircut!

Popular Posts